Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Fake Paypal email and Paypal website

Be aware of phishing sites!

"Look at this screen shot of the Paypal website… or more precisely a fake Paypal website. How clever is the thief? The website looks exactly the same as the authentic Paypal website except the URL.



In this case the URL is so much longer and has a folder called “paypal.com” in it. Luckily Firefox is smart to sense that this is a fake or the so called phishing website and warned me just in time before I tried to sign in. If I was foolish or careless to enter my real Paypal username and password, those people who operate the phishing sites will have access to my account and all the money from my checking account and credit cards. Think about it also make me sweat!"

source: kongtechnology

No comments: